From Elk Ridge, Utah, Kara Cook predicts, "Both strawberry and cheesecake lovers will delight in this fruity treat. My family requests this sweet pizza every strawberry season."
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups crushed strawberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Arrange sliced strawberries on top.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and crushed berries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Spoon over strawberries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Pizza in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p65
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Strawberry Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review