Strawberry Pistachio Towers Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ground pistachios
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Confectioners' sugar and chopped pistachios
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in ground pistachios.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 4 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Spread into 3-in. circles. Bake at 325° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds into bowl. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- 4. On each of 12 serving plates, layer one wafer, a dollop of whipped cream and three strawberry slices. Repeat layers. Top with remaining wafers; dust with confectioners' sugar. Arrange remaining strawberries over tops. Garnish with chopped pistachios; serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (calculated without confectioners' sugar and chopped pistachios) equals 242 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.