I once received a standing ovation for this impressive and unique dessert that features layers of tender pistachio wafers, luscious whipped cream and fresh berries. I'm certain you'll receive the same response. —Jeannette Sabo, Lexington Park, Maryland
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ground pistachios
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Confectioners' sugar and chopped pistachios
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in ground pistachios.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 4 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Spread into 3-in. circles. Bake at 325° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds into bowl. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- On each of 12 serving plates, layer one wafer, a dollop of whipped cream and three strawberry slices. Repeat layers. Top with remaining wafers; dust with confectioners' sugar. Arrange remaining strawberries over tops. Garnish with chopped pistachios; serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Pistachio Towers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p220
Reviews for Strawberry Pistachio Towers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review