Strawberry Pistachio Towers Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ground pistachios
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Confectioners' sugar and chopped pistachios
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in ground pistachios.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 4 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Spread into 3-in. circles. Bake at 325° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds into bowl. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- On each of 12 serving plates, layer one wafer, a dollop of whipped cream and three strawberry slices. Repeat layers. Top with remaining wafers; dust with confectioners' sugar. Arrange remaining strawberries over tops. Garnish with chopped pistachios; serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Pistachio Towers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p220
Reviews for Strawberry Pistachio Towers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review