Strawberry Pineapple Pie Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 10 frozen unsweetened whole strawberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract, divided
- 5 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Place pineapple and strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan. Stir in the tapioca, egg yolks and 3/4 cup sugar; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon extract and food coloring if desired. Pour into pastry shell; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar and extract; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of pie. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 663 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 127g carbohydrate (102g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Pineapple Pie
"My mouth is texture sensitive. Can anyone tell me a little bout the texture. Applesauce consistency, firm, like jello with lumps. Sounds good want to try it but don't know. ty"
"To save a ton of calories, make this delicious recipe as is but do not pour into pie shell! Instead, put in a nice bowl, refrigerate and serve with low-fat whipped topping when set. It is still yummy!"