Strawberry Pineapple Pie Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 10 frozen unsweetened whole strawberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract, divided
- 5 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place pineapple and strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan. Stir in the tapioca, egg yolks and 3/4 cup sugar; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon extract and food coloring if desired. Pour into pastry shell; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar and extract; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of pie. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Pineapple Pie(4)
Sort By :
This pie is fantastic! I think I finally found something to take with me to my Grandmother's house for Christmas dinner!
My mouth is texture sensitive. Can anyone tell me a little bout the texture. Applesauce consistency, firm, like jello with lumps. Sounds good want to try it but don't know. ty
To save a ton of calories, make this delicious recipe as is but do not pour into pie shell! Instead, put in a nice bowl, refrigerate and serve with low-fat whipped topping when set. It is still yummy!
Strawberry pineapple pie is delicious and easily made. The only thing I would not include is the tapioca, as some of my children are deathly allergic to it and I will not hurt them that way. This pie is a keeper, though, and definitely going in my recipe box.