Strawberry Pie Mousse Recipe
- 4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a food processor, combine strawberries and sugar; cover and process until smooth. Strain and discard seeds. Return strawberry mixture to the food processor. Add pudding mix; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 145 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.