Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Pie(10)
Sort By :
Great, easy recipe. I have always struggled with strawberry pies being too soupy, but it was not the case with this recipe. Each slice of pie held its shape great.
If you like a very sweet pie you may need to add more sugar than the recipe calls for, unless you are using fresh-picked strawberries. I thought it tasted great as the recipe was, though.
We garnished this with fresh homemade whipped cream and it was delicious.
The best, and oh, so easy! It's so nice to make a fruit pie from fresh fruit, and make the glaze, rather than purchase it. This is a keeper. My husband gives it 5 stars also! And it makes me look good! :)
This was so quick and easy. I put in 5 cups of strawberries because 4 cups was too few
for a pie. We loved it. It cut perfectly and did not fall apart! Excellent!
Delicious pie! it reminds my husband of the strawberry pie he used to have at Jerrys in Terre Haute Indiana. I followed the recipe exactly. Will definitely make it again!
This pie was terrific! Very quick and easy to make. The finished product was the BEST strawberry pie I ever had! A KEEPER!!!!!!