- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Pie(18)
Sort By :
This gets a 5 star rating from my family! It is even requested as a birthday dessert instead of a cake. Cool and refreshing, it works every time.
I made two strawberry pies for a family dinner and they were gone in no time! Perfection!!!
This is one of the easiest pies to make. I used a graham cracker crust, just because I thought it wouldn't get as soggy. I made it three times in the past week for different family members, they all asked when are you making that for us again? It tastes wonderful, and fresh berries make it great!
This recipe's a keeper for sure. Sometimes a variation that I add is to spread 3 oz. of softened cream cheese on the bottom of the baked pie shell before filling with the berries.
The perfect dessert! Now a family favorite!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >