There's plenty of sweet berry flavor in this refreshing dessert. Made with sugar-free gelatin and a graham cracker crust, the summery pie is easy to fix and attractive enough to serve to guests. "I sometimes substitute fresh peaches and peach gelatin," notes D. Smith of Feasterville-Trevose, Pennsylvania.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- Set aside four whole berries for garnish. Slice remaining
- strawberries and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch
- and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and sugar until dissolved. Stir
- in sliced strawberries. Pour into the crust. Cover and refrigerate
- for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut reserved strawberries in half. Garnish each serving with whipped
- topping and a berry half. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 piece with 1/4 cup whipped topping) equals 197 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.