- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the gelatin and lemon juice; stir until dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Add strawberries and stir gently to coat. Spoon into pastry shell. Chill until set, about 3 hours. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Pie
Sort By :
"I lost the fresh strawberry pie recipe I received from mother-in-law and searched TOH hoping I could find a recipe close to it. This is the exact recipe. So good!"
"I made this recipe, but substituted Margarita Jello, because that is what I had on hand. It was delicious. This will be my "go-to" fresh strawberry pie recipe from now on. There are only 2 people in our household, so we can't eat an entire pie. I cut into this pie and then refrigerated the rest. With this filling, the bottom did not get soggy, a problem I've had with other strawberry pie recipes."
"Good strawberry pie. Reminds me of my moms"
"has anybody tried this recipe?"