Starring fresh-from-the-patch berries, this ruby-red pie comes from Barbara Budlow Schneider, whose recipe appears in their family cookbook, pens Linda Skiles of Lyons, Wisconsin.
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the gelatin and lemon juice; stir until dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Add strawberries and stir gently to coat. Spoon into pastry shell. Chill until set, about 3 hours. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Pie in Country Woman July/August 1997, p43
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review