Strawberry-Pecan Yeast Rolls Recipe
These treats are so good! The strawberry filling, creamy glaze and crunchy nuts balance the sweet yeast rolls so perfectly. My family loves to eat them as much as I enjoy making them.
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat milk, oil and honey to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half; roll each portion into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; spread with strawberry preserves. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over preserves.
- 4. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each roll into 12 slices. Place cut side down in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes. For glaze, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extract until smooth. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over rolls. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 202 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC