- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat milk, oil and honey to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half; roll each portion into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; spread with strawberry preserves. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over preserves.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each roll into 12 slices. Place cut side down in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes. For glaze, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extract until smooth. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over rolls. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry-Pecan Yeast Rolls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p30
Reviews for Strawberry-Pecan Yeast Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review