Strawberry Pecan Cookies Recipe
My dad's wife is always creating new recipes to use up the fruits and vegetables he grows in his garden. These cake-like cookies are one of her "masterpieces"!
- 7 fresh strawberries, crushed
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. Place strawberries in a blender, cover and process until pureed; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in puree just until blended. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans and food coloring if desired.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 131 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC