- 7 fresh strawberries, crushed
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Red food coloring, optional
- Place strawberries in a blender, cover and process until pureed; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in puree just until blended. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans and food coloring if desired.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Strawberry Pecan Cookies
Sort By :
"Haven't made these yet. I question only 7 strawberries? Doesn't seem like many strawberries. Is this a misprint? Thought I better clarify before I try making them and end up disappointed."
"These are absolutely delicious. Sweet with a bit of crunch....perfect for any occasion. I didn't use the food coloring. But other than that I followed the directions excatly. Yummy!!"
"These were quite good! They'd be perfect for a baby shower with their pretty pink color. I made the recipe as written. Next time I think I may substitute butter for the shortening..."