Strawberry Pear Gelatin
Mother always had a way of making every dish she served just a little more special. A good example is this fluffy salad. It's both fruity and refreshing.
-Linda McGinty, Parma, Ohio
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (29 ounces) pears
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mandarin oranges, optional
- Drain pears, reserving juice. Chop pears and set aside. Add water to
- the juice to measure 3 cups. Place in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Whisk in cream cheese until
- smooth. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Whisk in whipped
- topping until smooth. Add chopped pears.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares. Garnish with mandarin oranges if desired. Yield:
- 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 160 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.