Mother always had a way of making every dish she served just a little more special. A good example is this fluffy salad. It's both fruity and refreshing. -Linda McGinty, Parma, Ohio
- 1 can (29 ounces) pears
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mandarin oranges, optional
- Drain pears, reserving juice. Chop pears and set aside. Add water to the juice to measure 3 cups. Place in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Whisk in whipped topping until smooth. Add chopped pears.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Garnish with mandarin oranges if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Pear Gelatin in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p35
Reviews for Strawberry Pear Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review