- 1 can (29 ounces) pears
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mandarin oranges, optional
- Drain pears, reserving juice. Chop pears and set aside. Add water to the juice to measure 3 cups. Place in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Whisk in whipped topping until smooth. Add chopped pears.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Garnish with mandarin oranges if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Pear Gelatin
Sort By :
"I puree the pears for a smooth texture and use lite cream cheese and Cool Whip. Served on a bed of lettuce looks lovely for Easter."
"Great recipe! I made mine the way the other poster did (sugar free jello and pears along with fat free cool whip and cream cheese. Tasted fantastic and no one knew they were eating healthier."
"This recipe is one of my family's favorites. I'd lost it, along with some issues of Taste of Home, when we moved to a different city. My oldest son reminded me of it when his birthday came around, but we couldn't even remember the name of it! Found it on this website & we've been enjoying it again for 6 yrs. The only thing I've modified is beating the jello with my electric mixer on low speed after adding the cream cheese & using sugar-free jello & fat-free cream cheese & Cool Whip. I also use pears packed in juice. Absolutely wonderful!"