Strawberry Pear Gelatin Recipe
- 1 can (29 ounces) pears
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mandarin oranges, optional
- Drain pears, reserving juice. Chop pears and set aside. Add water to the juice to measure 3 cups. Place in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Whisk in whipped topping until smooth. Add chopped pears.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Garnish with mandarin oranges if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Pear Gelatin(1)
Sort By :
This recipe is one of my family's favorites. I'd lost it, along with some issues of Taste of Home, when we moved to a different city. My oldest son reminded me of it when his birthday came around, but we couldn't even remember the name of it! Found it on this website & we've been enjoying it again for 6 yrs. The only thing I've modified is beating the jello with my electric mixer on low speed after adding the cream cheese & using sugar-free jello & fat-free cream cheese & Cool Whip. I also use pears packed in juice. Absolutely wonderful!