Strawberry Peach Melba Recipe
I get "oohs" and "aahs" when setting out this cool, fruity dessert. It combines my three all-time favorites-peaches, strawberries and ice cream. It's so simple I can assemble it for company after we all finish the main course.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen whole strawberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices or scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- Whipped topping
- 1. In a large saucepan, mash strawberries; add sugar, water and lemon juice. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into the strawberry mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- 2. Strain to remove the pulp. Place the pan in an ice-water bath to cool, stirring occasionally. Serve strawberry sauce over ice cream; top with peaches and whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC