Strawberry Peach Melba Recipe
I get "oohs" and "aahs" when setting out this cool, fruity dessert. It combines my three all-time favorites-peaches, strawberries and ice cream. It's so simple I can assemble it for company after we all finish the main course.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen whole strawberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices or scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- Whipped topping
- In a large saucepan, mash strawberries; add sugar, water and lemon juice. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into the strawberry mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Strain to remove the pulp. Place the pan in an ice-water bath to cool, stirring occasionally. Serve strawberry sauce over ice cream; top with peaches and whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Peach Melba in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p25
Reviews for Strawberry Peach Melba(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2012
This dessert in the wintertime is a wonderful reminder of summer. I actually don't remove the pulp and it is really nic.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Ice Cream Topping Recipes >
- Ice Cream Toppings >
- Peach Ice Cream Recipes >
- Peach Recipes >
- Quick Desserts >
- Quick Recipes >
- Strawberry Recipes >
- Strawberry Topping >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >