Strawberry Peach Jam
You'll definitely capture the flavors of summer with this chunky, luscious toast-topper from Gwen Frankhouser of El Cajon, California. "Best of all," notes Gwen, "this jam freezes well for up to a year, and it makes a great housewarming or hostess gift idea."
40 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + standing
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped peeled peaches
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the strawberries, peaches and pectin.
- Cook and stir until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Stir in
- sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam if necessary.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers. Cool to room temperature, about
- 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer
- than 24 hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1
- year. Yield: about 5 cups.