Strawberry Pavlova Recipe
I eat lots of fruits, and this recipe showcasing strawberries is a favorite. It's an impressive dessert that never fails. —Mary Pead, Ocala, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 45 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Sprinkle cornstarch over egg white mixture; fold in. Fold in lemon juice and extract.
- 2. Coat a 14-in. pizza pan with cooking spray. Spoon meringue onto pan, forming a 12-in. heart; build up edges slightly. Bake at 250° for 45-55 minutes or until crisp. Cool on pan on a wire rack.
- 3. In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spoon over meringue; arrange strawberries over top. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 248 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC