- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Sprinkle cornstarch over egg white mixture; fold in. Fold in lemon juice and extract.
- Coat a 14-in. pizza pan with cooking spray. Spoon meringue onto pan, forming a 12-in. heart; build up edges slightly. Bake at 250° for 45-55 minutes or until crisp. Cool on pan on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spoon over meringue; arrange strawberries over top. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Pavlova in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p191
Reviews for Strawberry Pavlova
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2008
"I made this for our company Valentine's Day bakeoff and won!It not only looked good, but it tasted great as well!"