I eat lots of fruits, and this recipe showcasing strawberries is a favorite. It's an impressive dessert that never fails. —Mary Pead, Ocala, Florida
Recommended: 50 Vintage Desserts Worth Trying Today
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Sprinkle cornstarch over egg white mixture; fold in. Fold in lemon juice and extract.
- Coat a 14-in. pizza pan with cooking spray. Spoon meringue onto pan, forming a 12-in. heart; build up edges slightly. Bake at 250° for 45-55 minutes or until crisp. Cool on pan on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spoon over meringue; arrange strawberries over top. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Pavlova in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p191
Reviews for Strawberry Pavlova
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2008
"I made this for our company Valentine's Day bakeoff and won!It not only looked good, but it tasted great as well!"