Bow tie pasta with strawberries makes a refreshing salad, especially with a little chopped mint. I multiply it for brunches, potlucks, even tailgates. —Barbara Lento, Houston, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 37 Light Pasta Recipes with Big Flavor
- 1/2 pound uncooked mini farfalle or other bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno slices, finely chopped
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut and small fresh mint leaves, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk yogurt, oil, lemon juice, salt and cayenne until blended; stir in green onion, ginger and jalapeno. Add pasta and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Stir in strawberries and sprinkle with almonds just before serving. If desired, sprinkle with coconut and mint. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Strawberry Pasta Salad in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016
Reviews for Strawberry Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review