In Uniontown, Pennsylvania, Margaret McCoy whips up this family-pleaser in no time. "It forms two layers—a creamier bottom and foamier top—that make it took fancy" she reports. "But it takes just minutes to blend together."
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- Spoon ice cream into a large bowl. Dissolve gelatin in water; pour
- over the ice cream and blend well. Pour into parfait glasses.
- Refrigerate until set, about 1-1/2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note: An ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. pan may be used instead of the parfait glasses. Cut into squares to serve.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 210 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.