Strawberry Orange Spread
I wrap up this refreshing spread with jar toppers made from Christmasy fabric. It looks so festive tucked in a basket alongside homemade cookies.
36 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + standing
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- In a kettle, combine the strawberries, orange juice and orange peel.
- Stir in pectin. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring
- constantly. Add sugar; return to a rolling boil. Boil and stir for 1
- minute. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Pour into jars or
- freezer containers; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover
- and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours.
- Refrigerate or freeze. Yield: about 4-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 92 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.