"Years ago, my husband and I went to a dinner catered by a high school cooking class, and they served this colorful salad," says Donna Moorman of Stirling, Ontaion. "I begged for the recipe and have been making it ever since."
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup julienned red onion
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- On salad plates, arrange the spinach, strawberries, oranges and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salads; serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Spinach Salad in Country Woman May/June 2002, p40
Reviews for Strawberry-Orange Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review