This colorful salad is a favorite with Gladys Nelson’s diabetic husband in Jefferson, Wisconsin. It’s filled with nutritious fruits, topped with heart-healthy nuts and laced with a light-purple yogurt dressing.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fat-free sugar-free raspberry yogurt
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and mandarin oranges. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar. Whisk in yogurt.
- Divide spinach mixture among six salad plates. Top each serving with dressing and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Spinach Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p45
Reviews for Strawberry-Orange Spinach Salad with Yogurt Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review