Here’s a colorful salad packed full of flavor. Toasted walnuts add texture and crunch. —Mary Buford Shaw, Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and chopped
- 12 fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, oil, mustard, pepper and salt. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, strawberries, cucumber, onion and carrot. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Spinach Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p16
Reviews for Strawberry-Orange Spinach Salad with Toasted Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review