Strawberry-Orange Spinach Salad Recipe
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup julienned red onion
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- On salad plates, arrange the spinach, strawberries, oranges and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salads; serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry-Orange Spinach Salad
Sort By :
"This is as good and simple recipe. I use red wine vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar just to change up the flavor a little. I never buy red onions because the white ones are better on my budget. It's also good with half spinach and half mixed greens."
"This is fantastic! I've mage it several times, it always turns out great by following the recipe exactly! Wouldn't change a thing! It always get rave reviews too."
"Great recipe I made it over ten times to date. My wife and five-year old canâ€™t get enough. I have substituted olive oil for canola oil and sometimes I've use shallots instead of red onions. A great recipe."
"I use any store brand or Heinz. Most apple cider vinegars ar the same unless you are pickling-then check the acidity number."
"barbandchuck, I just use the store brand, most apple cider vinegar is very similar. I like Bragg's but a magazine taste test found Maille to be the #1 choice. It's also the most expensive. By the time you add the seasonings, it's pretty hard to tell the difference."