Strawberry Orange Shakes
"I found the recipe for this refreshing fruit shake more than a dozen years ago," recalls Ann Smith of Weatherford, Texas. "It's easy to blend together for an everyday breakfast, but it's special enough for a company brunch."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Whole strawberries, orange wedges and mint sprigs, optional
- In a blender, combine orange juice, milk, strawberries and sugar.
- Cover and process until smooth. Add the ice cubes; cover and process
- until mixture reaches desired consistency. Pour into glasses;
- garnish with strawberry, orange wedge and mint sprig if desired.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 146 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.