Strawberry-Orange Phyllo Cups Recipe
"These flaky cups filled with fresh fruit and a tangy sauce are delicate in flavor and make a pretty presentation. But they're easy to do, too," assures Sally Hook of Houston, Texas.
- 2 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sliced unsweetened strawberries, divided
- 3-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1. Place sheets of phyllo dough on top of each other. Cut stack in half lengthwise, then in half widthwise. Spritz top sheet of each with cooking spray. Lightly press one stack into a 6-oz. custard cup coated with cooking spray. Lightly press a second stack on top. Repeat with remaining stacks in another custard cup. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. carefully remove phyllo cups to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 2. Meanwhile, place 1/2 cup strawberries, 3 teaspoons confectioners' sugar and orange peel in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Blend in yogurt. Place phyllo cups on serving plates. Fill with orange segments and remaining strawberries. Top with yogurt sauce; dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 136 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 fruit
Reviews for Strawberry-Orange Phyllo Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC