Strawberry Orange Pecan Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 green onions, chopped
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper sauce until blended. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large heavy skillet, melt sugar over medium-low heat without stirring until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Add pecans and butter; stir constantly until butter is melted and pecans are coated. Remove from the heat. Pour onto a foil-lined baking sheet; cool completely. Break pecans apart if necessary.
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, romaine, oranges, celery, strawberries and onions. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with sugared pecans. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Orange Pecan Tossed Salad
Sort By :
"I omit the recipe's pecans and buy already sweetened ones that I already know that I enjoy!"
"love love love this recipe....I could eat just this for dinner and be satisfied. In addition, we have added grilled chicken to the salad and it is good that way too!"
"My friends and family love this salad. Especially the pecans. I did burn the pecans once. I take it off the heat as soon as the sugar is melted."
"The pecans taste terrible."
"The pecans come out looking like black bugs and tasted aweful"