Strawberry-Orange Chicken Salad
I first started cooking when I was 4 years old! This fruity chicken is light and tasty. I often serve it to guests for a special lunch.—Jerry Minerich, Westminster, Colorado
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups torn spinach
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 1/4 cup strawberry-flavored pancake syrup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cashews or pecans, optional
- Divide spinach and lettuce among two salad plates. Arrange the
- chicken, strawberries and oranges on lettuce. Combine syrup and
- vinegar; drizzle over salads. Top with nuts if desired. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 271 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.