I first started cooking when I was 4 years old! This fruity chicken is light and tasty. I often serve it to guests for a special lunch.—Jerry Minerich, Westminster, Colorado
- 2 cups torn spinach
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 1/4 cup strawberry-flavored pancake syrup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cashews or pecans, optional
- Divide spinach and lettuce among two salad plates. Arrange the chicken, strawberries and oranges on lettuce. Combine syrup and vinegar; drizzle over salads. Top with nuts if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Orange Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Strawberry-Orange Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2009
"I'm anxious to try this recipe! I would never have thought to use a flavored pancake syrup in a salad dressing. I'm sure it's great."