I first started cooking when I was 4 years old! This fruity chicken is light and tasty. I often serve it to guests for a special lunch.—Jerry Minerich, Westminster, Colorado
Featured In: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 cups torn spinach
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 1/4 cup strawberry-flavored pancake syrup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cashews or pecans, optional
- Divide spinach and lettuce among two salad plates. Arrange the chicken, strawberries and oranges on lettuce. Combine syrup and vinegar; drizzle over salads. Top with nuts if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Orange Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Strawberry-Orange Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2009
"I'm anxious to try this recipe! I would never have thought to use a flavored pancake syrup in a salad dressing. I'm sure it's great."