Strawberry Onion Salad Recipe
"The color and sweetness fresh berries add to this lovely salad make it perfect for company," says Ruth Benning. When strawberries are out of season, this Hamburg, New York cook suggests using fresh orange sections instead.
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, strawberries and onion. Combine all remaining ingredients in a small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid; mix well. Pour over salad and toss lightly. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Onion Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p45
Reviews for Strawberry Onion Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2013
This is one of my favorite salads! As much as I like it with strawberries, it's equally delicious with raspberries or blueberries. I also like to omit the onions on occasion and sprinkle the salad with toasted almonds, pecans or hickory nuts.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salads >
- Strawberry Recipes >
- Strawberry Salad >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >