- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add butter and vanilla; stir until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup. Press remaining crumb mixture evenly into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread preserves over crust. Combine coconut and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over preserves.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until coconut is lightly browned. Cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Sort By :
I also had to use gluten free flour and gluten free oatmeal, but the results were very good. I added slivered almonds (just because I like them) to the topping. Thank you for this recipe!
So yummy! I made them in a brownie pan with removable bottom. This pan is smaller than
a 9x13. I cooked them 12 minutes longer. Put the pan on a cookie sheet, although there is
These are delicious. I made them exactly as recipe states - but next time I'd make them in an 8x8 pan for a thicker bar. Flavor is perfect - won't change ingredients.
I altered this recipe to make it gluten free to suite my family. I used GF quick cooking oats, GF baking flour mix and added 1/2 tsp xanthan gum. I also decided to do 1/4 cp sugar and 1/4 cp brown sugar instead. I used a local, all natural strawberry rhubarb jelly and omitted the coconut due to personal preference and sprinkled the top with cinnamon instead. These were fantastic!! I will be making these many, many more times.
I made a few changes to this recipe. I used an 8x8 pan, but I kept the same measurements for the dry ingredients. I wanted a thicker top crust, as described by a couple other reviews. I also finely chopped some pecans and added that to my bottom layer. I used Raspberry preserves instead of strawberry and I drizzled melted white chocolate over the top once it was cooked and cooled a little. The bars were excellent and everyone loved them! A keeper recipe!