Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Their fruity filling and fluffy coconut topping make these bars truly one of a kind. They really dress up my trays of Christmas goodies.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add butter and vanilla; stir
- until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup. Press remaining crumb mixture evenly
- into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread preserves over
- crust. Combine coconut and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until coconut is lightly
- browned. Cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 100 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.