- until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1
- tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold
- into batter. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until cake springs back when
- lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar.
- Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel, jelly-roll
- style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice six large strawberries in half; set aside for garnish. Thinly
- slice remaining berries; set aside.
- For the filling, in a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake to within 1/2 in of
- edges. Top with sliced berries. Roll up again.
- Place, seam side down, on serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for
- 1 hour. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Garnish with reserved
- strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.