Strawberry Nut Bread Recipe
I like to make sandwiches out of this quick bread by spreading the strawberry cream cheese between two slices.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling YIELD:32 servings
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1. Drain strawberries, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Set berries and juice aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Combine eggs, oil, strawberries and food coloring if desired; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and reserved strawberry juice until fluffy; refrigerate. Serve with the bread. Yield: 2 loaves (2 cups spread).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 241 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC