"THESE LUSCIOUS oven treats are sweet and flavorful because they are made with lots of strawberry jam. They have a feathery texture despite all the jam, and are very good when served either hot or cold. My 8-year-old brother was especially fond of these muffins, and often, when we said goodbye, Aunt Edith would thoughtfully present him with a brown bag containing any that were left over from that
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg
- and salt; make a well in the center. Combine eggs, oil and
- buttermilk; pour all at once into the well. Stir just until dry
- ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix. Gently fold in jam (a few
- lumps will remain). Place in a well-greased or paper-lined muffin
- tins. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Yield: 18 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 181 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.