Strawberry Muffins with Cinnamon-Honey Spread Recipe
I sometimes makes these moist, fruity muffins a day early to cut down on last-minute preparation. They get a special touch from a quick-to-fix cinnamon-honey spread.—Phyllis Carlson, Gardner, Kansas
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed, undrained
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- CINNAMON-HONEY SPREAD:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, mix strawberries, oil, eggs and food coloring if desired; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans if desired.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine spread ingredients in a small bowl; beat until blended. Serve with the muffins. Store spread in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen (3/4 cup spread).
1 serving (1 each) equals 237 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC