Strawberry Muffins Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed, undrained
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- CINNAMON-HONEY SPREAD:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, mix strawberries, oil, eggs and food coloring if desired; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans if desired.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Meanwhile, combine spread ingredients in a small bowl; beat until blended. Serve with the muffins. Store spread in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen (3/4 cup spread).
Reviews for Strawberry Muffins(9)
Sort By :
I went a little healthier:
-only one egg
-1 1/2 cups chunky cinnamon applesauce
-1/4 cup lowfat milk
-2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
-unsweetened frozen fruit instead (and try mixed berries too)
-1/4 less sugar (adding a smidge more flour)
-no food coloring - just use the liquid from the thawed fruit and a little less milk
-and try "white wheat" instead of white flour (fewer total carbs, with more fiber, and more protein)
Loved this recipe! I made a couple of modifications, used 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/2 cup ripe, mashed banana. Also used fresh strawberries and a few leftover blueberries. Wonderful!
Very tasty. I used one commenter's half-oil, half-applesauce suggestion. But I'd not noticed the yield - yikes!
Very easy to whip up a batch--my four kids loved them!! I love it when I have a whim, I can go to tasteofhome.com and find nearly anything to make with the ingredients I happen to have on hand! Thank you!
Very tasty, and easy to make. Quite a sweet treat.