Strawberry Muffin Cones Recipe
This is a delightful, fun way to serve a cupcake. I share these with the neighborhood kids and they love the ice cream cone look and ease of eating. Adults who try them say snacking on them makes them feel like kids again. —Barb Kietzer, Niles, Michigan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 20 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Colored sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, yogurt, oil and strawberries; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Place the ice cream cones in muffin cups; spoon 2 heaping tablespoons batter into each cone. Bake at 375° for 19-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip muffin tops in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 20 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC