Strawberry Mousse Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in flour. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. or 10-in. springform pan; prick with a fork.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, for filling, puree enough berries (about 1-1/2 pints) to make 2 cups. Set aside remaining berries for garnish. Stir lemon juice and sugar into puree.
- 4. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add to puree; chill until mixture begins to thicken.
- 5. Fold in whipped cream and food coloring if desired. Pour into crust; chill until set. Garnish with reserved strawberries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 382 calories, 27 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Mousse
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.