This luxuriously smooth mousse is arranged into visually appealing strawberry and whipped cream layers that add charm to a dessert favorite. —Mary Lou Timpson, Colorado City, Arizona
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed, undrained
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Place strawberries in a food processor; process until pureed. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and strawberries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a large bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Set aside 1 cup strawberry mixture. Add condensed milk, orange juice and, if desired, food coloring to remaining mixture; stir until blended. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon 1/4 cup cream mixture into each of 12 parfait dishes or cocktail glasses. Layer each with 4 teaspoons of reserved strawberry mixture and 1/4 cup cream mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Mousse Parfaits in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p53
Reviews for Strawberry Mousse Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review