It’s hard to believe a dessert this stunning requires only six ingredients! The adorable white chocolate cups hold a sweet strawberry mixture topped with sliced berries and a dollop of cream. Suzette Jury of Keene, California submitted the recipe.
- 3 tablespoons vanilla or white chips
- 3/4 teaspoon shortening
- 8 to 10 fresh strawberries, divided
- 5 large marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup whipped topping, divided
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Brush over the bottom and up the sides of two foil muffin liners. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set aside two strawberries for garnish. Chop enough remaining strawberries to equal 1/3 cup; set aside. Crush enough remaining strawberries to equal 3 tablespoons.
- In a small saucepan, combine crushed berries and marshmallows. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and mixture is blended. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Stir in chopped strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons whipped topping for garnish. Fold remaining whipped topping into strawberry mixture. Spoon into chocolate cups. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, carefully remove foil liners from chocolate cups. Slice the reserved strawberries. Garnish cups with berries and reserved whipped topping. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Mousse in White Chocolate Cups in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p12
Reviews for Strawberry Mousse in White Chocolate Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2011
"This light, elegant dessert was a hit for my family and friends!"