Strawberry Mousse in White Chocolate Cups Recipe
- 3 tablespoons vanilla or white chips
- 3/4 teaspoon shortening
- 8 to 10 fresh strawberries, divided
- 5 large marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup whipped topping, divided
- 1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Brush over the bottom and up the sides of two foil muffin liners. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, set aside two strawberries for garnish. Chop enough remaining strawberries to equal 1/3 cup; set aside. Crush enough remaining strawberries to equal 3 tablespoons.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine crushed berries and marshmallows. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and mixture is blended. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Stir in chopped strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 4. Set aside 2 tablespoons whipped topping for garnish. Fold remaining whipped topping into strawberry mixture. Spoon into chocolate cups. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 5. Just before serving, carefully remove foil liners from chocolate cups. Slice the reserved strawberries. Garnish cups with berries and reserved whipped topping. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 196 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Strawberry Mousse in White Chocolate Cups
"This light, elegant dessert was a hit for my family and friends!"