I hand-picked wild strawberries for this saucy chicken dish. We love it with fresh spring greens and a sweet white wine. —Alicia Duerst, Menomonie, Wisconsin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sliced green onion
- In a small saucepan, mix the first five ingredients until smooth; stir in strawberries and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until thickened and strawberries are softened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in mint.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°; brush occasionally with 1/4 cup sauce during the last 4 minutes. Serve with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Mint Chicken in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Strawberry Mint Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review