Strawberry Meringue Tart Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 5 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup strawberry glaze
- 1. Line a large pizza pan with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Spread into a 10-in. circle on prepared pan, forming a shallow well in the center. Bake at 225° for 45-55 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Turn oven off; leave meringue in oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in marshmallow creme. Fold in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 4. Just before serving, spread filling into meringue shell. Top with strawberries. Drizzle with glaze. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 196 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Strawberry Meringue Tart
"i am planning to try this coming weekend!!"
"Good one. Will sure try this recipe."
"I tried this recipe on my birthday."