Strawberry Meringue Cups Recipe
Judy Grimes of Brandon, Mississippi likes to celebrate with something special from her oven that looks as good as it tastes. This pretty dessert- with red strawberries cupped in fluffy white meringue- fills the bill on both counts!
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1. Place egg white in a bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar and salt; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Drop into four mounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Shape into 4-in. cups with the back of a spoon. Bake at 225° for 1-1/2 hours or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1-1/2 hours. Store in an airtight container.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Just before serving, spoon into meringue shells. Top with strawberries and garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC